- Gov. Hogan extends work of Maryland Redistricting Reform Commission [Danielle Gaines, Frederick News-Post; earlier, Len Lazarick/Maryland Reporter] Also, a video on gerrymandering at the Baltimore Sun;
- Baltimore police spokesman T.J. Smith about force’s use of dragnet of social media information about citizens: “The only people that have anything to fear about anything being monitored are those that are criminals and attempting to commit criminal acts.” Yes, that’s really what Smith said [Alison Knezevich/Baltimore Sun; in sequel, social media companies rescind access to the Geofeedia service] “Maryland’s use of facial recognition software questioned by researchers, civil liberties advocates” [Sun]
- MSEA by the sea: “Maryland students miss school for union convention” [Quinton Report]
- Why did lawyers for incoming First Lady sue in Maryland? “Plaintiff-friendly rules…won’t require her to pay the Daily Mail’s legal bill if she loses.” [Eriq Gardner, Hollywood Reporter]
- “Former Maryland prison imam was investigated over alleged Islamic State plot” [Baltimore Sun]
- “Maryland pays Marriott to stay” [Preston Cooper, Economics21]
Monthly Archives: November 2016
Yes, I took a break this fall to catch up on personal business. Posting should resume shortly.